Tuesday 4 February 2014

Winter Moments

Winter view of Lake Winnipeg

Whispers of winter....



There is something about a real winter.  I mean like the ones your grandparents told you about or the ones you read about in books that make your eyes twinkle, your hearts glad and bring a smile to your face.



Here some of my favorites:

Winter slows me down- It seems to help me make more time 
for the more important things- time God,
with family and with others.

A visit to with my godson Caleb!



Winter makes me stop and look,
 maybe take a second look 
at the little things I might have missed.






...or that go unnoticed to my hectic eye.












Winter makes me want to snuggle, enjoy the closeness and warmth of others.

Ev and Amanda


 The white gentle snow that falls
 reminds me of God's gentle and beautiful gift of grace.
 Grace that forgives,
 covers up
 and makes all things beautiful and right.









Oh the beautiful sunset reflections on the majestic white snow.
 What gentle winter beauty.


A prairie grain elevator

















Well, some day I will be that grandma, who, with a twinkle in her eye and a smile on her face will tell of the real winter of 2014 on the Manitoba prairies and my heart will be full of glad memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment